Tuesday, April 17, 2007
My husband...my HERO!
I will post pictures later but I have to brag on my wonderful husband! Eugene competed in Ironman Arizona this weekend and was amazing! He had a wonderful swim and a hard bike in the wind and was well on his way to completing his goal of a four hour marathon! His body did not coopoerate and he was forced to spend some time in the medical tent and some time with me walking. After some deliberation he decided to finish. He looked around him at others who were thrilled to be finishing in the same amount of time or longer than he was. He realized that a large portion of the Ironman is about finishing and not about how fast you do it. He also realized that he had more respect for the event and for the others doing it to quit because his time was not going to be what he had planned. He continued to walk with me for three miles and then started to feel like he could run. He started running and the next time I saw him (with about three or four miles to go) he said, "I think I know why God did this!" and proceeded to tell me that he believed God had this happen so he could encourage others and possibly show them the love of Christ. I ran with him for about a mile and watched as he fulfilled this calling! My husband is amazing, his heart is the size of Texas and I watched him run through an aid station proclaiming how awesome his God is and how everyone can finish! He passed this sweet old lady and said "Come on...we can do this!" I watched as her face lit up and her pace quickened a bit because some crazy guy was encouraging her on their shared course. God is amazing and has done wonderful things in my husband's life and in me through him. I am so thankful for the opportunity he gave me this weekend to learn from Eugene. He's so passionate about triathlon and showed a greater passion for his Lord this weekend and really taught me a lesson about looking for God's will in absolutely everything!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
whoop whoop!
Amazing! Such an inspiration to everyone.
what an awesome story-you being such a supportive wife, your husband doing
something i could never dream of, and how our God works:)glad to know you are in the blog world
Post a Comment