Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Change
I hate it! Really I do. I almost had a nervous breakdown when I moved from one apartment to another in Ridgeland. Yes I wasn't even changing parts of town and it really made me crazy! All this to say there is a lot of change going on in the O'Donnell house. We have been praying and seeking and searching out why God seemed to have us at a stand still for a while. Eugene continued to go down several different roads and it appeared that God was closing every door he was trying. While God opened a HUGE door here for me with my job, part of loving someone the way I love my husband is that just because I was happy and content doing what I wanted didn't mean that WE were happy. Seeing him go through this trying time has been difficult. Ok all that to say that it seems God has brought us to our next place and this comes with much change! I have told several of you but wanted all my happy blog readers to know :) that Eugene took a job with Kaplan/PMBR. It's a bar review company that we both worked through during law school and was recently purchased by Kaplan. He applied for a position that he thought would be here in Jackson well it turns out it's in Denver. Yes kids that's not here! He is thrilled! First of all it seems to be a job that he will love and be soooooo good at and has a tremendous amount of flexibility which with his personality is a perfect fit. It's a position that will use his competitiveness and his passion and if you know Eugene you know that he will thrive as a salesman. He is required to a have a law degree as well so that helps that he is using it in some capacity. He also would love love love to live in Colorado...well...perfect fit. I am committed to the court until May and then we will be moving. This is all if we go and think it is somewhere we can live. Now back to the change part...YIKES! I'm scared to death! My parents have just recently left Memphis and I may be moving across the country...this thought makes me feel homeless! There is a huge lesson I learned while at MC and my semester that I took off...I must be content regardless of my circumstances. Meaning my contentment (contentment never seemed like a good enough word for me...joy, rest, etc. always seemed more appropriate...anyway) must be from the Lord. It seems that I have gotten very comfortable in my surroundings. Although Eugene and I have been struggling lately with why the Lord hadn't allowed him to pass the bar and/or find the career path that he would stay on for quite some time...I was comfortable. I know everything here and feel very safe. God, it seems, is forcing us out of this comfort zone. My adventuresome husband is taking this on full force (he doesn't do anything any other way) and is so excited. Some of his excitement however is dampered by the fact that his wife is freaking out! Eugene has pretty much left the decision in my court. I of course want to follow where the Lord is leading us and also follow my husband. Sorry this has gotten long but I could go on forever about how I am terrified and this is pushing me out of my comfort zone but I am almost 100% positive this is what we will end up doing and have a strange peace that God will make it okay in the end. I'm just scared about the meantime. God grant us the grace to do this and honor you in the process. We'll keep you all posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh my goodness! I can't believe you might be moving to Denver. Baxter has always wanted to live in Colorado, but we have not had that opportunity! At least Bellevue taught you how to ski :)! I was so glad to find you on here; I do kind of feel like a stalker when I run upon people's blogs you know, but it is so good to keep in touch. I know God is going to lead y'all someplace great and to do great things. I'll be checking back for updates!
Jenny Goss
I will be praying for both of y'all...that the Lord leads you to the decision that He wants!
I am so happy for you all. I think that you are going to have a blast. After Samuel and I married, we moved to Minneapolis, where I knew no one and everything was completely different from what I was used too, particularly the weather. Anyway, we would both say that it was the best and most fun years of our lives, so far. We got to know each other so well, and we made the best friends. Since then, we have moved to Gainesville and Tampa FL, and I am getting very tired of moving.
I hope for the best. I love reading this blog!!!
Emily
I am glad that Jenny mentioned the Bellevue ski trip. I have the fondest memories of all those trips we went on!
We are going to MISS you so much! I am so sad that ya'll are leaving, but I know that this is an amazing opportunity. We will continue to pray for you and I'm sure you will be very happy in Denver, but all of us in the small group may not be so happy in Jackson :o(
Wow, that is big news! Colorado will be fun though and now is the time to move off somewhere fun and different because you don't have kids yet!
soooooooooooooooooo sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really want to cry. I KNOW how perfect this is for Eugene ... he is just going to ROCK!! And that makes me so happy. But I've got to get through this selfish phase. I think everyone that I love should just stay right where they are. did you read my 100 things... not good at goodbyes. love my friends, love my small group, not good at change, love enthuastic people that make me laugh. Maybe Eugene will get one of those pull behind things for his bike - you can sit in it and he can ride his bike home to Mississippi. I'll get the ice and the garbage can ready!
And ummmmm... you can be the one that tells Mary Bratton that you are moving. I ain't doing it.
i am totally agreeing with renee and christie.
SAD SAD SAD and HAPPY for y'all at the same time. y'all are part of what makes our small group 'tick'
= and i can't imagine it without you!
i know you will do GREAT!!!!! and will find a new 'home' there. HOME is not a location... it's where the love is =) and you and eugene definitely have THE LOVE!
hey there. coming from someone who doesn't always handle change well or at all--moving across the country is hard. i just did it and am still new in my surroundings, but i am trusting God to use our move in my life and in our marriage, that we would look back and see how His hand made good on His promises. I will be thinking of you as you figure out where He is leading. If He wants you to do it, I know you can do it!
Hey! Thanks for looking up our page. Change is hard but also exciting! Good luck in your decision making! We'll be checking in for updates...
-Larissa
jennifer! hello! found your page through another site :). i'm excited for you and Eugene! i look forward to hearing more news a/b this opportunity.
oh...i'm so proud of you~you're a runner AND a lawyer. (!!!) wow...you're so cool. :)
laurin boeving
Post a Comment