Wednesday, February 13, 2008

From the non blogger in the family...

Here is an email sent to some of you by Eugene...he wanted all the blog world to know as well!! We are so thankful!!

Praise god praise god praise god!!!!!!!! I could say it 10000 more time a day for life and that would not be enough. Say it with me please and if you do not know how ask me. God came through I am lawyer right now only because of god. He is ever faithful and true to us no matter how much we fail him. In other words he never let's go!!!! Please do as I did rely on god and use him to get you through the darkest days of your life. His love for us is 100 percent everyday. Here is a story to show that for you.......

I failed the bar right after law school I had studied the wrong way or got stressed whatever but I failed. God allowed me to work for 10 dollars an hour at the ag's office and I took up the prospect of taking the bar again and I only had to take the essay's. So all in god's plan I studied with jennifer and she took the bar early in feb. I feel that god allowed me to fail the first time so that jennifer and I could study for it not that my wife needed me but we could feed off on another and praise god with our passage of the bar exam. Well as you all know jennifer passes it with her hard work and studying and I fail by .03 points so we move on to round two. As far as what I did for jennifer; The only part was one make her study even when she did not want to and I told her the areas of the bar that she did not need to mess with etc possibly saving time. We did study well together and learned things one would not have learned by themselves. Like a scout report in football. But she did the work and I would fail the bar again if that was why god's plan was for me to fail. Other than god jennifer is number one on this planet.

So moving on here is the hard part. One I had no license and got to watch as no only wife got a license but all my friends and hers!!! It killed me next the I lost my job. Basically life was down in the bottom. No job no bar nothing but my weaken faith in god and jennifer. Which I praise cause with out those two I might have been in even worse shape. Next enters a godly man named hastings who gives me a job within 24-48 of asking him no questions asked!!!! So here we go god lifting me up when I am down. But all along there is a plan going on. Praise hastings for giving me a job unrelated to law it kept me and jennifer from going broke. Next uplift god gives jennifer the job of the century. As her current position she is a district court clerk for the district of southern miss. Those two jobs put food on the table and without jennifer taking the bar early we would have had one 15 dollar an hour job for the summer wow god came through. But I was still shelfish I was mad about life, my job (since it was unrealted to law), not having a license. I was pissed and god might have used that anger for me to push for every job imagable. But I will be the first to say I did not handle failure perfectly. I was mad and did not rely on god to get me through this at first. I started to see maybe there was a plan in all this? God had provided me with the best professor (professor christy) in law school who was still a friend of mine and knew a thing or two about the bar. He lead me to WORLDS BEST APPEALS attorney who used to work for the board of bar admissions. Tom lowe!! He tells me it will be an uphill battle but we could win. Tom work tireless on my appeal and keeps me from wanting to kill the board. (Ungodly by the way). Ps I never knew the stress of a client till I was one. Lawyers such as mr. Lowe calmed my stress and crafted my appeal so that it would be correct and not by passion. I would have messed it all up. Wow god thank you for professor christy and mr lowe without them I would still just be a jd. So moving on I get a wonderful job with kaplan pmbr another praise from god for the job I love and enjoy doing. I was to become the regional director for west including 7 states and 15 law schools. I took the job in august and appealed the bar a few days later. We are in the process to be moving for this job to brommfield colorado (next prayer request). My job has been to help students prepare for the bar. I have been and will do my best to movtivate students to work hard and to be balanced for the bar. To be honest it has been hard to do without a license but I did pass the mbe which is the part we sell and of course with gods strength all is possible. At times I was frustrated but I knew god had a plan and I relied on it not me. The funny thing about gods plan is we only get to be a part of it not make it up. I have at times been faithful but at times unfaithful. But god has been 100 percent faithful to me and all along knew what was going to happen. I think in the end god delayed my passage for these possible reasons I am not god he is the only one that knows..... But here goes, to help me find my path (which I now have many), help jennifer and I pass together as one, open our hearts to colorado, bring glory to himself through this testimony, to make me appericate him and his glory and for me to rely on him 110 percent.
So finally on feburary 12, 2008 I found out the board dropped the appeal (as to why it was a great appeal well written and they felt it had merit) and I would be passed offically within days. As soon as they could draft an order. I will be sworn in as a offically licensed mississippi attorney with the month. Thank you all for your support. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you also please let me know if I can share further what god has done for me and what he can do in your life. I promise it is for the better do not let the world and its views ruin what is so great.

Eugene O'Donnell, follower of christ, ESQ, ironman. (Pretty cool name huh)

7 comments:

Laurin said...

Very, very neat!

stacy seago said...

We are SO thrilled for you Eugene and we rejoice in this!! Many prayers lifted up!
(by the way, what does ESQ stand for?)

Renee Guest said...

Eugene - I told Jennifer that you preach on endurance so much and HE wanted to make sure that you were hard core!! I don't think anyone can doubt that you are!!!! We are so happy for you!!!! Truly just soooo happy for you and your Little Buddy Jennifer!!!! CONGRATULATIONS YOU TWO!!

The Segrest Family said...

yay! yay! yay! so happy for y'all! praise the Lord!!!! go eugene and lil buddy! please tell eugene the machine congrats!!!

jeremy, adelle, and ella said...

thanks for sharing!! we are so excited for eugene!! i still cannot think about the fact that you are leaving me soon!! )o: what will we do without our jenn?!? love to you both!

Anonymous said...

That is great news! I am so happy for you both!

Brad, Steph and Wes said...

i love the title(s)
Eugene O'Donnell, follower of christ, ESQ, ironman. (Pretty cool name huh)

and i'm enjoying the blog - maybe we do need a blog :)