Sunday, June 14, 2009
Somewhat catching up...
Well I figured that I would do just one big post to catch up on the last month or so...I've been a slacker for sure and doubt if anyone is still even reading this!! In the middle of May I did my first triathlon and loved every second of it. I have for sure gotten bit by the triathlon bug...I'm eating my words for sure! The next day we packed up and went to Memphis for Eugene to do one of his favorite races...Memphis in May. He had a great day and improved on his time by several minutes. The end of May we went to Macon and Eugene did a half ironman. This was another fun race!! Unfortunately he got a flat tire before he was really even out of transition but he pumped it up a few times during the bike, made the best of the situtation and still had a great time! We spent that night and the next day in Atlanta and very much enjoyed just being out of town. The next weekend I did another triathlon that was quite a big step up from the last one. The goal was to finish and not be last and I did both of those things. Had a great great time and am looking forward to doing another one soon! Lastly, this weekend we went to Sardis for a short triathlon for Eugene. He won third place overall and we had a blast!! My sister had an engagment party the next night in Memphis so we were able to enjoy some time with my family as well. It's been a busy few months and will be the next couple. We head to L.A. at the end of the month for a vacation that we are so excited about. Then a couple races in July for each of us. We've had a good summer so far and have been blessed with the ability to do some very fun things. Here are just a few pictures and my promises to be a bit more of a faithful blogger.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
the triathlon bug hasn't bitten me yet. I'm afraid of jumping in water with a bunch of other people and getting kicked in the face! but I love swimming and think that I'm a better swimmer than runner. I'm training to run (for the 3rd time) the Chicago marathon in October!
Post a Comment