I've been wanting to post but not really sure what to say. The events of this week have literally left me speechless. Most of you know the story but I wanted to let those faithful few that read my blog (and are prayer warriors) know what the latest was. As you all know we have been waiting on hearing something from the Court in Colorado. Well I received a post card in the mail on Wednesday night that said they had "postponed" filling the position and that they would let me know if/when they decided to do anything further. I literally couldn't comprehend the words on the page at first. I came to work the next morning and emailed my contact in CO and asked her if she had any idea what it all meant. She told me that the girl that had left...creating the vacancy...had returned! Seriously?!?! What are the chances? She also told me that they (the powers that be) were trying to decide if they would hire a 4th attorney (they are approved for 4). I had decided to call the Clerk of Court and see if I could get an appointment and go with Eugene next week and try my best to see if I could find out anything. I heard back from him today and at this point he doesn't see any benefit of us meeting face to face. I left him a message just expressing my interest yet again. We have yet to talk but we'll see where that goes...honestly I don't think it will go anywhere.
All that to say...I am disappointed. Words can't express how much I love my job and have enjoyed learning how to do it over the last several months and really want to have the opportunity to do it after we moved. I've expressed this to many of you that I have talked to over the last couple of months but as sure as the sky is blue I thought God had provided that job for me for that very reason. What were the odds that EXACTLY what I do would come open where we are moving?!?!? (The job I have is extremely rare!) In all honesty...I'm in a difficult place! Eugene has been...Eugene... encouraging, upbeat and his faith has never waivered...I wish I could say the same for myself. I can't imagine where I should go next and what I should do. The ONLY legal experience I have at this point is in a very narrow field that literally is only useful in this position.
It has been a hard two years of marriage of always being in transition...we have never been settled. We must be thankful that we have great jobs that pay the bills and allow us to do so many wonderful things. However, they are in two different places...I can't seem to make it all make sense in my mind. I'm lost! Please pray for us as we walk these next few weeks...we have no idea where to step next.
Friday, February 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Jennifer, thanks for the update. I know it must have been very hard to hear that news. I just prayed for you and Eugene...continue to keep us updated!
Jennifer, thanks for the update. I know it must have been very hard to hear that news. I just prayed for you and Eugene...continue to keep us updated!
Gosh, I am so sorry. I know that has to be so frustrating. I will pray that God will give you wisdom and a peace of what to do next. Keep us updated! I know God will provide a better opportunity!
YUCK!
HE will sustain you in the misdst of the yuck! don't lose heart!
Jennifer! I am so sorry things are so scary for you guys these days- Joel and I will pray for you... Thanks for the compliments on the pictures. I thought a daily blog would keep me accountable to keep taking pictures, but already I'm skipping way too many days... life is crazy busy here, but it's always so good to hear from a favorite friend!
I am praying for you everyday. YOu and Eugene have handled yourselves with such Grace and have kept GOD first in all of this! I know that HE has amazing plans for you and Eugene. Your patience has certainly been tested and I'm so proud of you both for remaining faithful to HIS plan!! Love you sweet friend. Hang in there!!
Post a Comment