Monday, July 28, 2008
The triathlon that wasn't...
We went to Louisville/Philadelphia this weekend for Eugene to do the Heart O Dixie triathlon. We were excited because he had never done it before and we had always heard so much about it. Well we get there, he does the swim, good time...then I get in the car to follow him to the next spot and I see this figure walking back towards me. Don't be Eugene, Don't be Eugene...it's Eugene! Flat tire! First one in a race ever and I can probably count on one hand how many times he has had one training as well. So he just put his bike in the back of the car and we rode the rest of the course watching our friends and cheering them on. We had a great time together anyway and I told him I'm kindof glad it happened since we had so much fun! I think we freaked a few of his friends out on the course because they would do a double take when they heard his voice....kindof stinks but we had fun anyway...happens to the best of us! It was the first race ever that he hasn't finished but I keep trying to remind him it's better to leave like that than in an ambulance or something!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey. it freaked Tal at too.
he was looking it all up online and said that something must have happened to Eugene b/c he saw his swim time but they didn't have the bike and run. Poor Eugene - but i bet that really was fun for the two of you!
Post a Comment