
Well this past Friday night marked one year of running bliss with my running buddies Matt and Mandi Calvert. We ran the first time together (by accident) at the 2007 Surviving the Sizzle race at the resevior and have been running ever since! We trained for and ran the Memphis Half Marathon last December and are doing it again this year. We have the best time running together and all have the exact same laid back attitude about it...it's great!
This years Surviving the Sizzle proved to be a little more noteworthy than last! A few minutes before the start Eugene "challenged" Mandi (note: I wouldn't do this if I were you!) and bet her $100 that she couldn't get Matt and I to finish in under 45 minutes. (We typically run 12 minutes miles making a 48 minute 4 mile race) She rose to the occation and drug us both (well mainly me...Matt had an extra pep in his step as well) and we made it! Only after I fell on my face about 1/10 of a mile from the finish line...nice! It really was fun despite the dirty looks that Mandi had to endure from me...Eugene was also especially proud he was able to light a fire under at least one of us.
I REALLY enjoy every run with these two and their precious little one Anna Lauren. A wonderful friendship has been formed and I only expect it to continue to grow...in the meantime...we run!
No comments:
Post a Comment