Wednesday, December 31, 2008

On to the next


Today we bid farewell to 2008 and usher in 2009. I can't count how many people have asked me today if "I'm ready for the new year?" as if I had a choice in the matter. I would, however, have to give a whole hearted YES! I'm ready for a fresh start this year...and coming from one who hates change...that's something. This year has been wonderful, horrible, exciting, sad and scary all at the same time. My sweet husband spent the first four months away from me. We then decided to "stay". We also found out that he passed the bar...YES! We traveled, traveled and traveled some more. He quit one job and started another. God provided time and again. We bought a new house, new carpet, new paint, new sofa. We celebrated three years of marriage. Three years that seemed at times too much for us both and three years that held surprises that I could have never imagined.

2009 seems to be terribly promising. My best friend is going to have her first child. We're taking a "real" vacation (one that doesn't include bicycles or spandex). I AM going to loose that 30 pounds that I've gained and I AM going to love more and worry less, share Jesus with those around me and laugh as much as possible. It seems that we are finally "settled". Two jobs, two cars, a house and a picket fence for goodness sakes. God is so so good. Life is short and I'm soaking it up this year. I'm excited...for the first time in a long time...for a new year, a fresh start and promises of new mercy every morning. Happy new year's eve! Good bye 2008...Hello 2009!

1 comment:

Brad, Steph and Wes said...

I know I'm a little late in reading this but it made me smile :) 2009 has been lovely so far, right? and WHEN will there be new home pictures?