Saturday, November 03, 2007

This morning...we were..."those people!"

Well for my whole entire triathlon/marathoner's wife's life I have relentlessly made fun of those people that showed up early to a race and "warmed up" before hand by running two or three miles. I have NEVER seen any sense in running before you run because personally it would take all that I have in me to run the distance at hand. Well...this morning...my fearless running "buddies" (that's for you M and M) Matt and Mandi and myself ran 3 miles before we ran the 9 mile race! (well actually 2.7 because it was a 15K which turns out to be 9.3) We are training for the Memphis half marathon and we were scheduled to run 12 this morning so we entered the race to be able to run 9 with several other people and then added the other three...I mean seriously...do I do that?!?!? I must say it's been very fun training for this race and it's something I thought I would certainly never do! My husband to say the least has been very impressed :) Pictures to follow...

4 comments:

Christie said...

So impressed! You go girl!

Renee Guest said...

you are SO that girl. I always think those people are just showing off to those of us just dying to make it through a 5K. But that is fine... just go show off with the rest of your 1/2 marathoners. We 5k people will be making fun of you. :)

jeremy, adelle, and ella said...

wow..you are those people! i am so impressed!! i really need to start my training asap! oh well! come see us soon or we can go grab lunch!

Stacey said...

I am so impressed with you!